Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, and may none of us fall over the fiscal cliff!

Looking back on the past year, it was certainly one of highs and lows--health scare for John, broken pelvis for me, but then two books on the New York Times bestseller list in one year, rising to #19 in the Amazon mystery author ranking, winning another Agatha Award for Naughty in Nice were all supreme highs. As was our visit to Paris and watching the end of the Tour de France and then being in London for the Olympics and coming home on the Queen Mary 2.

This year I'm hoping for peace and sanity in the world, for leaders who care more about us than about posturing and party politics, for an end to greed and selfishness and for everyone to realize that life should be fun and is to be enjoyed. I plan to laugh every day, to enjoy family and friends, good food, good wine, hikes and lovely views, good books, good movies and maybe write a little on the side :)

Actually I wrote the first page of my new book today. It feels good to put down the words Chapter One.  It is another Molly book and will be set in Paris. I'm not saying how and why Molly gets there.

I'm also looking forward to a new Molly book--The FamilyWay--coming out in March and before that a Molly e-story called The Face in the Mirror. It's available for pre-order now, and only 99 cents on Amazon. (and a dollar doesn't even buy a cup of coffee these days)

I'm planning to spend time at our condo in Arizona, to attend Left Coast Crime in Colorado Springs, Malice Domestic in Bethesda and a college reunion in England in May. After that the year is wide open...

So I'm wishing you all a year of health and happiness and good reading.

Rhys

4 comments:

  1. Laraine in Santa MonicaJanuary 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

    Happy New Year to you and yours, Rhys. May the new year be a little boring compared to last, at least as far as crises (!), but a healthy, happy and abundantly peaceful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I have enjoyed all your posts here on your blog. I am a new fan of yours. I just got thru reading "Naughty and Nice", yes I read all your books in this series in order:) I SO LOVED ALL OF THEM. I can't to start another of your series. You sure have lots of great plans for 2013. Happy new year to you. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm reading "Hush Now, Don't You Cry" and loving it. I've read the whole series, and I'm so glad to now you intend to continue writing it. I'm also a fan of Dalton Abby!

    My best wishes for the new year and thank you so much for giving us readers such entertaining and wonderfully funny books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too, Rhys -- and thanks so much for writing such marvelous books. The Lady Georgie series is one of the most delightful I've ever read. Is there another Georgie book on the horizon? (please say yes!). Best wishes for 2013.

    ReplyDelete