Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good News and Hitting the Road.

As most of you must know by now, my 11th Molly Murphy novel came out on March 13th. Eleven must be a charm because yesterday I learned that it had made the New York Times bestseller list. As you can imagine I am over the moon at this news. So often I have come close and now I have finally made it.
Was it the great cover? The atmospheric title? All the work I do in social media these days? Probably a combination of all three. I don't care how I did it. I made it. Yipee! Do a happy dance with me.

And tomorrow I set off on an intensive three days speaking and signing around Southern California with my good friend Cara Black. Cara has a new Aimee Leduc novel out, called Murder at the Lanterne Rouge.  If you haven't read Cara's books yet--they are all set in Paris and are so wonderfully suspenseful as well as taking the reader to the different arondissements of Paris.. This one is set in Paris's Chinatown, which is fun because my last year's Molly book, now a brand new paperback, was set in New York's Chinatown, so we'll have a lot ot talk about.

It's always more fun to do a book tour with a fellow author. For one thing she can navigate for me as I find my way across LA to Thousand Oaks, Tustin, Redondo Beach, downtown LA,, Huntington Beach, Paasadena again, speaking at 6 bookstores. Then back up Highway 5 to speak the next night in San Francisco. It's a whirwind tour with little time to breathe and I would love to see some friendly faces if you live in the area.

I'll blog along the way if I can find time and let you know anything fun/strange/exciting that happens to us. Our strangest so far was speaking together at a nudist colony. I believe all events this weekend are to be clothed, but one never knows!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the NYT listing. That's fantastic! I'm on Molly Murphy #8 right now and thoroughly enjoying them, so will be looking forward to one more to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really happy for your success--very deserved! I wish I lived close enough to attend the signing...

    ReplyDelete