Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday shopping Song

Will you be standing outside a store at 4 a.m. tomorrow? Not me. There is no item in the universe that is important enough to me to make me do that. In fact more and more lately I've been doing my Christmas shopping online. And last year I wrote a song about it, that I'd like to share with you again today as you rush from store to store:

Dashing through the web,
 googling sites like mad
Christmas time is here again,
bargains to be had
Oh
Click click here, click click there,
buy it all online
Overstock and Amazon.
Christmas will be fine.

Click Click here, click click there
Bought it all online
Presents bought and wrapped and shipped
Have a glass of wine!

Happy Black Friday to all!

5 comments:

  1. Shopping Amazon and Overstock, while it may save money, is helping to drive the independent retail stores out of business.

    Try to support your local indie bookstore, clothing store, stationery store, etc.

    Be a Big Box killer, not a small business killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that's cool, I am going to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the song, Rhys! I, too, am an online shopper. I prefer spending my Black Friday decorating for Christmas.

    Merry Christmas!

    Cathy AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite agree about the local indies. I do almost all my book shopping at my local bookstores. But it's hard to find a local indie toystore, for example. It's ToysR Us or Wallmart. And indie clothing stores? They too have vanished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit to shopping online as well, but try to support local stores. Online or Big Box would not be my first choise.

    Rhys, there are several nice toy stores in Marin. And two or three on Park Ave in Alameda.

    I know what you mean about clothing stores, though. The boutique stores don't carry my size or style. I have celebrated many 39th birthdays.

    ReplyDelete