Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

I know I'm a day late but I'd like to wish all my friends and readers a happy healthy New Year.  I've just returned from a flying visit to Houston Texas where old friends were celebrating their golden wedding. They got married at 17 right out of high school, which wasn't too strange in those days. Now it is almost beyond comprehension that anyone would want to settle down at the age of 17.  I remember having my first baby at the age of 24 and the girl in the next bed was 17 ,and I remember thinking I have left it so late!  Now I know plenty of mothers who have their first baby at 40.
Anyway the first thing that I'm looking forward to in the New Year is getting my cast off.  I see the orthopaedist tomorrow and I hope it can come off then. I need to get working again. It's been as it's been strange having a whole month during which I can't write. I'm sure it's been good for me but now there are lots of ideas buzzing around in my brain and they need to be put down on paper. I start a new Molly book this week,and this time I'm going to set it in the cottages in Newport Rhode Island. I haven't come up with a title yet. I may be asking for help so stay tuned.    

1 comment:

  1. I do hope the cast comes off. I am looking forward to the new Molly book. She is one of my favorite characters. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete