Saturday, December 11, 2010

Best laid plans

I'm sorry I've been so silent recently I fell and broke my wrist a week ago, and I have been unable to use the computer properly until now.  But yesterday I managed to install my newly acquired Dragon software, and after several hours of frustration, it finally works brilliantly.  I have to remember to say full stop instead of period at the end of the sentence as I selected the British English pronunciation, but I think we're learning to understand each other.  I find it so-cool when I look at the computer and say wake up in the microphone immediately switches itself on.
I now sport a festive red cast with white lining and my hand looks like a mini Santa Claus.  I'm thinking of adding a little glitter and maybe even a tinsel wreath.
So now I'm back in business, and luckily, I don't have to start my next Molly book until the New Year.  So I'm going to enjoy being a lady of leisure and inviting over a friend to wrap my presents for me.  But I promise to update on my royal gossip on Monday, so check back then.

1 comment:

  1. Rhys - what a brilliant idea to install the British version! I find my accent is a real nuisance whenever I try anything that requires interaction with an automated voice e.g. customer service on the phone, ordering an In and Out Burger ... I really hope you get better soon. You're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete