The turkey has been dismembered, the pies devoured and we've all had a chance to think about what we are thankful for. So here's my list :
1. I'm thankful for my family and friends. Money, success, material goods mean nothing if you don't have people who love you.
2. I'm thankful for my health. You can't enjoy anything if you're not feeling well
3. I'm thankful that I live in a society where I am allowed to express my opinions, worship in any religion, have a chance as a woman to run for office, be a judge, or do any job that I choose.
4. I'm thankful that I've been lucky enough to make a good living at what I love to do for most of my life. I realize that success is always a mixture of talent mixed with perseverance mixed with luck.
5. I'm thankful that people like my books. What point would there be in writing books if I didn't have fans?
6.I'm thankful that I can live in a beautiful place, or rather two beautiful places. When I wake up, look out of the window at mountains and sunshine, when I drive across the Golden Gate Bridge or walk through the Sonoran Desert then I feel that all is right with the world.
7. I'm thankful that I've had the chance to travel, to see much of the world and to visit places of spectacular beauty.
8. I'm thankful for a sense of humor so that I can laugh if I take myself too seriously.
9. I'm thankful that I love to read. I'll always have exciting places to visit.
10. I'm thankful that I enjoy singing, crafts, painting, learning new things. I'll never be bored.
What are you thankful for?