Monday, August 30, 2010

In Search of Bull's Blood!

I feel like NASA! Only seven days to go before Royal Blood is in stores and I set off on a book tour.
First stop the launch party at my own local and wonderful bookstore, BOOK PASSAGE is Corte Madera CA. If ever there was a perfect bookstore, this is it! Every book you'd ever want, events and classes going on all the time, a delightful courtyard to sit and read plus a geat little cafe so that you can sip a latte at the same time. It's reader heaven.

I always try to put on a big party there for my local friends and loyal supporters, and each time I try to do something different. This time, because the theme is Transylvania, Vampires I've decided to serve Bull's Blood wine from Hungary. Yes, I know Transylvania isn't in Hungary,but it WAS before the allies divided up that part of Europe after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Hapsburg Empire. And my story takes place not too long after the redefining of borders, so a lot of bad feelings and political intrigue (what else in a murder mystery!)
So the wine is pretty authentic.
Obviously for food it should be goulash or meat served flaming on a sword, but I'm honoring their light carpet and I'm sticking to salami, cheese and strawberries. Any other sugestions for red things, apart from licorice, which doesn't really do it for me?

So I'm off on a quest for Bull's Blood today! Wish me luck

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if I can manage the book launch [baby sitters] but good luck finding the Bull's Blood - excellent choice and one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beets are red. And, if cooked properly to serve as finger food, very tasty!
    Cranberries.
    Gou Ji berries.
    Red Velvet cupcakes. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red velvet cupcakes. Mmmmm. That sounds good.
    And someone suggested gummi hearts with little stakes through them. Going to follow up on that one.

    ReplyDelete